Hello fellow numismatists’
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and well.
Just a quick note (in light of COVID-19) to give you an update regarding the state of the activities of your society for the foreseeable future.
Your executive has made the following decisions, based upon available information, current conditions, projected future conditions and:
- after deliberation and consultation with various health and government authorities, and out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of our members and their loved ones, and assessing the feasibility of hosting successful events…
Monthly / General society meetings:
- “All society meetings have been cancelled” until conditions permit resumption.
Edmonton Coin Shows:
Planning is now under way for the “Spring” 2022 Show (Mar 12th & 13th, 2022)
(Despite the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 (Omicron) situation, The ENS executive has once again had to make a difficult decision to the call for the cancellation of the Spring 2022 Coin Show… We remain cautiously optimistic that with the current vaccine roll-out, conditions will once again permit for large gatherings allowing for the Coin Show & Sale Scheduled for Sept 2022 to be held. ).
The Planchet: (an ENS Numismatic Publication)
- Vol68 Issue 07 Released Dec 17th, 2021 (Next issue Vol69 Issue 01 is due: Jan 28th, 2022)
If you have some spare time, we encourage you to submit articles and other material for inclusion in The Planchet and on the ENS website – use our contact us to send us a message, we will e-mail the details where to send your article and photos.
Keep heart, this we shall overcome.
Meetings for the Edmonton Numismatic Society (Coin Club) take place every second Wednesday of the month (except July and August).
Next Society Meeting: Cancelled due to COVID-19
Please be sure to check back for more details as they become available.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
- ENS society matters:
- general society issues and concerns
- All have been Meetings Cancelled, as per Provincial and Federal Authorities
- any other issues you feel are relevant to ENS
- Show and Tell – bring your numismatic treasures that you purchased to share with fellow members
- Refreshments – coffee, tea, water, pop and an assortment of cookies
- Door prize draws
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., meeting begins at 7:15 p.m.
Our Meeting Location!
The Royal Canadian Legion branch no. 255 building at
10427 – 174 Street NW . Edmonton . T5S 1H1
Special society meetings:
- March: Society annual general meeting
- Board and Executive elections
- September: Annual pizza night
- annual volunteer appreciation and award presentation night
- annual charity auction
- executive and board member nominations
- establishment of election committee