300 ANS D’HISTOIRE / 300 YEARS OF HISTORY (1721-2021)
“Special edition” Wooden Tokens, now available for purchase!
Following an invitation launched by the Institut Québécois de Numismatique (IQN), fifteen (15) numismatic organizations from Canada and the United States joined together to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the issuance of the 9 denier coin in 1721, the first copper coin issued especially for the French Colonies.
The aim of the project is to issue a 38 mm laser-engraved wooden token with on one side a reproduction of one of the sides of the original coin as well as the inscriptions 300 ANS D’HISTOIRE / 300 YEARS OF HISTORY and the dates 1721 et 2021. The other side will present the logo of each issuing organization.
The participating organizations are :
- L’Institut Québécois de Numismatique email@example.com
- L’Association des Numismates Francophones du Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
- Les Apprentis Numismates email@example.com
- The Canadian Association of Wooden Money Collectors firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le Club de Numismates du Bas St-Laurent email@example.com
- La Société Numismatique de Québec firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Société Numismatique Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean Lucgiroux2@hotmail.com
- L’Association des Collectionneurs de Monnaie du Grand Lévis email@example.com
- The Edmonton Numismatic Society firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le Club de Collectionneurs de Saint-Raymond email@example.com
- London Numismatic Society firstname.lastname@example.org
- IOWMC (International Organisation of Wooden Money Collectors) email@example.com
- L’Association des Numismates et Philatélistes de Boucherville firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Calgary Numismatic Society email@example.com
- Timmins Coin Club firstname.lastname@example.org
The tokens will be available around mid-May 2021 and the quantity of coins issued (minimum of 50) varies according to the issuers. You can order your favorite tokens from each issuing organization for $ 3.00 plus $ 3.50 for mail (see list above for participating organizations).
Full sets including all 15 tokens are also available at a cost of $ 45, plus $ 5 for mail. As the number of complete sets is limited, they must be ordered before May 10, 2021 from Yvon Marquis. Payment can be made by check payable to Yvon Marquis and sent to C.P. 42 Succ Lévis, Lévis, Qc. G6V 6N6 or by Interac transfer to the email address email@example.com
Claude Bernard of GraphX has also designed a display frame (see image at the top of this page) to place the complete collection. It is Burgundy and measures 10’’ x 13’’. Each token is housed in a plastic capsule inserted in the case allowing to see both sides of the tokens. It is offered at $ 30. + taxes + postage.